Friday, January 9, 2015

21-Day Corporate Fast - Day Five



Greetings Friend!

For today’s thought, I would like to share the words of the prophet Jeremiah (29:11)—“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Now, keeping this verse in its proper context, it is spoken to Israel as they are experiencing the consequences of their sinfulness.  The prophet tells them after they have endured captivity for 70 years, they will experience freedom and redemption from it.  Having said that, I believe this verse still tells us something of the absolute merciful and compassionate nature of God.  Even though His covenant people had turned their back on Him, He somehow had “…thoughts of peace and not of evil…” towards them, thoughts “…to give them a future and a hope.”  Friend, be reminded, God thinks good thoughts towards you and has plan to give you “a future and a hope.”  

I challenge you during this fast to make it your aim to focus on His [good] thoughts towards you.  Focus on His thoughts to give you a future and a hope.  Certainly, He loves you more than you can comprehend.

I pray you will make it a great Day 5!

In Him,

Bishop James R. Izzard, Jr.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome scripture! My fast consists of not eating any meat at all and it has been a real sacrifice. But with God's help I have done really well and I find myself thinking and focussing more on him and his will for my life and that of my family. I know this fast will help me spiritually and physically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that is great brother! You are utilizing the fast specifically as it is designed--to draw closer to God. I will be praying for you that you will remain focused and truly hear the heartbeat of God during this time. Also, thanks for the reply. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete